Over the years, the idea of glamping has become much more accepted and popular due to the changes in lifestyle. The average living space with storage is becoming smaller. When you think of camping, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Where are you going to get and store all the gear on such short notice? Sometimes, the camper is new to the activity. Some people just want to go and relax without the hassle of worrying about everything from food to tents to camping supplies. Many people just want to show up with the necessities (food, water, sleeping bags, pillows) and whatever extra accessories they feel they need supplied for them.
What is glamping and who would want it?
Glamping is when you offer a private campsite involving accommodation and facilities more luxurious than those associated with traditional camping. There are a number of reasons why people would like to rent a glamping site. Examples include:
- People doing road trips or a day trip (but at the last minute, they decide that they want to stay away from home a little longer).
- People that don’t have enough storage space at home to store all the camping gear.
- People who want to go camping, but don’t want the hassle of packing, setting up and taking down their campsite.
- And the list can go on…
How to host a glampsite?
As a Kamp Smart camp host, this is where you come in offering accommodations and facilities. In return, you can increase the rental fee to your private glamping site to more than the cost of a standard private camp site.
How big show i make the campsite?
Make sure the site is HUGE (at least 50 feet long by 50 feet wide at minimum and 20 feet between each camp site, because people will be expecting some privacy when they are glamping.
What type of shelter should i put on my glamping site?
This part is up to you. How much are you looking to spend and how much are you looking to increase the rental fee on your glampsite? The type of shelter you supply will influence the rental fee you charge for your site.
The type of shelter you offer will depend on the region your camp site is in, and whether you plan to operate all year or not. You can offer the standard camping tents or offer yurt tents that usually offer more room for standing. Some are built with camp stove vents, so you can even offer winter glamping.
Do I need to add a camp fire pit?
Yes. You should always have a camp fire pit on every camp site you build, because that is one of the must-haves for the camping experience. These are very simple to build using either free or buying a few materials.
What kind of luxuries should I add to my glampsite?
- Most people don’t want to sit on the ground to eat, so you may want to add a picnic table with seats.
- Chairs for your guests to lounge in, because some guests don’t have enough space at home to store lounge chairs and/or other guests might have brought their own, but at the time of set-up, realized that they’re broken because they have had it for so long.
- If you want to go above and beyond, you can add power to the list of amenities.